ING is looking for an experienced (mid-senior level) JAVA API engineer to strengthen its OmniChannel development chapter that delivers mission-critical APIs for the ING Mobile Banking App.
Our Purpose is
- To create and maintain a frictionless API layer for ING Mobile and Web Frontends.
- To integrate our platform (mobile and web) with the ING core financial services.
- To provide secure and high performing APIs.
- Java 8+, Spring, Cassandra, Oracle, Kafka, Linux
- Test Driven Development, Design Patterns, Object Oriented and Functional Programming
- We (as a team) have a keen market focus and we always explore new technology opportunities.
- We adapted the Agile Squad and Chapter model from Spotify Engineering Culture.
- We have a Quality Driven and Continuous Improvement culture.
- We work closely with iOS, Android and Web engineers.
- Integrating micro services from within and outside our bank.
- Implement new technologies without a negative customer impact.
- You love technology and naturally stay up-to-date on relevant new developments.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience, preferably in creating high scalability mission-critical applications.
- You are able to develop maintainable code.
- Experience with secure programming
- Experience with Linux and shell scripting.
- You have sound knowledge of relational databases (Oracle, or alike) and NoSQL datastores (Cassandra, or alike).
- You value a multi-cultured environment where English is the working language and you easily get on with people from different cultural backgrounds.
- You don’t mind traveling sometimes to other European countries where ING is situated.
- DevOps mindset (responsible for building and running your developed application).