Nowadays, banking systems evolve rapidly. To satisfy our customer needs, high quality and short-time to market of the banking systems are desired. The software engineering and automation team is part of ING Tech R&D department that operates in a unique space on the boundaries of entrepreneurship and research in ING. Our team works on how to apply fundamental techniques behind low-code systems (model-driven engineering, MDE) in ING. Our goal is to support other squads in improving their software quality and effectiveness over the whole development lifecycle by providing modelling (low-code) and automation solutions.
You will work with knowledgeable colleagues in an open environment on state-of-the-art technology and its application in scientific research. You will develop prototype, proof of concepts and present your work to stakeholders. You will give suggestions to possible research directions and propose implementation plans for them.
As a scientific software engineer we expect you to be involved in multiple projects across our project portfolio and lead the software development effort within these projects. You are also able to work with researchers to understand their domain specific requirements and translate them into high-quality usable software products. You have experience working with test driven development, continuous integration/deploymentand agile work methodologies. Next to that, you have the following qualifications and qualities:
• A master's degree or PhD in computer science, mathematics, or engineering;
• Several years of industrial software development experience;
• At least 3 years of software development experience in OO programming (such as Java), or functional programming (such as Scala)
• Experience with model-driven software engineering, software re-engneering, test automation is beneficial;
• Experience with optimization, machine learning, mathematics is beneficial;
• Enthusiastic in exploring state-of-art techniques;
• Strong verbal communication skills in English.